http://changethis.com/
If you follow this link you can read th article by David Rendall about 9 ways to utilize our weakness
Most of the recommendations that David Rendall bring up are extremely specific and are not generally applicable to most situations. While he does make an excellent point in that with each corresponding weakness there is a strength involved, there are times when the weakness can be overwhelming. His examples are also limited and sometimes the people that are successful are only successful in the eye of the beholder. At one point he refers to someone that is an addict but then becomes addicted to something else but it still ruins his life. A lot of the things he points out are generic facts as well. This article recommends that people not attempt to fix their flaws like being unorganized, suggesting instead that they can become successful, dyslexic millionaires. This is unrealistic although I can understand that if you find how you are unique and then capitalize on this concept than you can be successful. The way that he generalizes and then defines being a freak is interesting although I am think that anyone could fit the description that he puts on freaks. Does this mean that we are all freaks? Does this mean that every one is a unique creative genius? I do not think so, by saying that everyone is unique and generalizing this concept Rendall loses my interest. He insists that people not be well rounded because he was mildly successful and a little lucky.
I find that my creative process is limited in some ways and is limitless in others. While my weaknesses include being somewhat easily distracted I use this to my strength by allowing my ideas to grow upon one another based on interactions throughout the day. My creativity can be unlimited in a way that I am not afraid to try something new. I think that personally my creativity is sometimes limited by means to create but I find ways to use this lack of means to be more creative. The creativity involved is my actual strength. I think that creating is just a means of expression. This is my strength. The projects that I have had chances to work on have allowed me to apply different creative ideas in different ways. This has exposed various weaknesses and strengths. I do agree with Rendall about there being weaknesses associated with strengths. I have found that working with different people has allowed me to use my managerial skills to delegate and take advantage of others strengths. I believe my creativity combined with the delegation skills has allowed me to utilize others strengths and identify others strengths. While I don’t have the means necessarily I have been able to produce highly creative projects. I think that my creativity combined with others creativity and my ability to utilize and identify the appropriate steps has led me to be successfully creative. Rendall asks us to limit ourselves but I do not think that this is an appropriate way to handle creativity.
No comments:
Post a Comment